The world is moving towards the technological age. Everything indicates that this will become something like a measure of development, and that is why teachers must be at the height of these technologies and innovate in the learning of children through educational software.
It is widely known that educational software has many advantages and that it is very useful for teachers since they can take advantage of different tasks that become tedious for students.
We believe that one of the most important advantages is the attraction that this technological tool generates in users since it uses multimedia content that motivates the student.
The fact of using computer simulations in traditional teaching has achieved positive changes in the students, in terms of problem-solving, since they provide the possibility of access to the teaching of subjects that are difficult to understand and demonstrate.
In this sense, educational software turns out to be very advantageous since it has the purpose of being used as a facilitator of the teaching process and consequences of learning, with some particular characteristics such as ease of use, interactivity, and the possibility of personalization of the speed of learning.
Educational Software is currently some of the most used tools within the educational context, its functionality lies in facilitating the teacher's work, motivating students to participate in line, and recognize learning autonomously and independently and this depends on the program used by the teacher.
Based on the above considerations, it can be said that educational software is of great advantage since it implements a pedagogical mediation such as the computer, which allows access to academic knowledge in a much faster way, as well as constant interaction with various sources of knowledge originated by users. For this, the teacher must implement a didactic that facilitates learning and motivates the student to participate in the teaching-educational process; in the same way, the student must be aware of the importance of software in their comprehensive training.
The advantages include the following:
- The teacher is not only a source of knowledge but also becomes a mentor or facilitator of learning.
- They help students to work at different levels and contents according to their level of development and their needs.
- They open up new possibilities for differentiated teaching, which allows them to better serve to learn and develop the individual potential of each student. This way, it facilitates individualized teaching, since the student is inhibited from asking or repeating the same lesson several times.
- They offer new possibilities for assessing student learning. The evaluation can be done at any time, proposing activities according to the accomplishments that the students are achieving.
- They allow us to integrate everything learned in other subjects.
- They raise the effectiveness of teaching methods while imposing new demands on their use and work with individual differences.
- For students who require special educational attention, they provide access to the most useful materials and allow them to express their thoughts in various ways - in words, pictures, etc.
- They allow, together with a change in the methodology of each subject, that the students become more involved in their discoveries.
- They increase motivation and the taste for learning.
- They reduce the learning time since each student goes at their own pace.
So, as we can see, the software can give you the possibility of teaching children in a more dynamic and fun way through the different activities, as currently, children are very attracted to computers and even more when it comes to games, even if they’re educational.
Among the advantages that we can say about Educational Software is that they promote various types of learning, which can be group or individual. It favors the construction of knowledge and reflection on the part of the reader. It allows access to knowledge and participation in activities. It includes elements to capture the attention of students. It allows participation in interaction and the development of new aspects through different elements.
At the teacher level, it enriches the field of Pedagogy by incorporating cutting-edge technology that revolutionizes teaching-learning methods. They constitute a new, attractive, dynamic, and rich source of knowledge. Are you interested in development of educational software for your students? Contact us and discuss all the magnificent possibilities we could discover together.